Saturday, October 29, 2011

Saturday is for Sewing!!

Okay, not always... however, I have been home caring for a sick spouse so it was a great way to pass time between making soup and Theraflu! 

Today I used this amazing *organic* cotton sheeting made by Birch Fabrics.  The line is called "Circa 60 Mod Beach" and it is super adorable.


I chose these two prints from the collection for a specific project.  We have some friends that are expecting a baby boy and the daddy-to-be is borderline pro surfer.  So I thought this would be a fun combo for a blanket. 

Here are my supplies:


 And here are my results:


Since I had some fabric left over and some matching terry cloth I also decided to make a matching bib.


I think it all turned out pretty fun!  More projects with my fabulous fabrics to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment